Be a Docent!
Our training program covers information such as Gilroy Gardens' history, the gardens and our butterfly program. As a volunteer, you will also learn interesting facts about the gardens to share with visitors. Sharing facts and lore about our unique environment will ensure that Guests of all ages gain an appreciation of a low-tech resource--nature! We encourage those interested to contact the Human Resources at the information provided below. No commitment is required to call. Come and see what our volunteer program is all about!
Who Can Volunteer?
Individuals who enjoy working with people, would like to work outside and share an interest and appreciation of our natural environment. No previous horticulture experience is necessary!
- Garden Enthusiasts
- Senior Citizens
- College Students
- Anyone age 18 years and older
- Minimum of 8 hours per month; one year commitment
- Morning training sessions available
Benefits for Volunteers:
- Enjoy unlimited admission to the Park
- Complimentary tickets for Docents in good standing
- Receive discounts at our shops and restaurants
- Have fun! Meet new friends!
- Gain professional experience
- Monthly Newsletter
- Free parking